Senior QA Engineer
UpTeam is a consulting development company with HQ in Silicon Valley and product development centers in Montenegro, Romania and Germany. We are working on a number of interesting B2C and B2B products for US and global markets. If you want to bring your career to the next level, be a part of Silicon Valley start-ups and work on the next-generation businesses in the area of innovative financial & social apps, this place is right for you.
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to work on improving the product that reduces drug spend for patients, payers and employers by providing patient-specific drug and alternative cost and coverage information to pharmacists and prescribers at all points of care.
We are seeking a candidate who is capable of leading all aspects of testing activities on a dynamic agile team with complex systems while supporting multiple products. The ideal candidate would be comfortable dealing with a variety of challenges, such as frequently changing priorities; someone who is flexible and resilient when seeking solutions to problems as they present themselves. They should also be an independent thinker, quick learner, and a self-starter. They should have a minimum of 8 years of experience in software testing and be prepared for a significant amount of manual testing, with opportunities to automate those tests as needed.
Tasks in the position
- Actively participate in requirements analysis, story refinement, and release planning;
- Create and execute test cases and suites to ensure product specification is being met
- Maintain and extend Postman collections with tests
- Analyze test results at the story or feature level and provide meaningful reports to project and product team
- Navigate the relational databases and manage (create/update) test data
- Interact closely with project managers, other engineers and client-side stakeholders involved in product delivery, work with the client representatives to prepare tasks and bugs for development team, clarify requirements with customers directly
- Maintain JIRA and up-to-date documentation in qTest
- Test Web API and database
- 8+ years experience in manual QA
- Knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, deliverables, processes, strategies, techniques, and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of requirement elicitation and functional spec writing, understanding the dependencies/integration of each task or feature in order to test not only happy path scenarios but also potentially problematic parts of the product, corner cases, and negative scenarios.
- Experience in writing test cases
- Experience in API testing
- Very good knowledge and experience with SQL (ability to write complex SQL queries on the fly)
- Knowledge of Postman at the level of writing custom checks in JS and updating existing tests.
- Experience of work with Jira and bug-tracking systems
- Upper-Intermediate English speaking skills to communicate by email and on conference calls
Training with top industry experts, a range of career opportunities in international business environment: Learning & Development, Coaching and Mentoring
Unique working environment where you will be a part of our clients and partners teams
Competitive salary + Above market salaries for top employees
Paid leaves and flexible working hours
Remote mode of work
Questions? —Talk to
More than just a job
Reasons why people like you want to work @UpTeam®
Work with industry leaders and world top technology experts from the both sides of the ocean