Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
UpTeam is a consulting development company with HQ in Silicon Valley. We are a remote-first company working from all over the world and have team members in 20+ countries including Romania, Montenegro, Czech Republic, Poland, Serbia, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Argentina, Thailand, and other countries.
UpTeam by CloudGeometry is the advanced AWS partner and is working on a number of breakthrough B2B and B2C SaaS and Cloud Automation Projects for the US and global markets. If you want to bring your career to the next level, be a part of Silicon Valley start-ups and work on the next-generation businesses in the area of innovative ad tech, healthtech, ed tech, fintech & social SAAS products this place is right for you.
Now we are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer for one of our projects where we help to build a safety monitoring and analytics application for construction companies. The client is an Israeli company and global leader in the field of safety management in the construction industry and is being used by hundreds of construction and infrastructure projects. It's a WEB and Mobile tenant management system where organization owners or responsible employees create safety reports on a daily/weekly or monthly basis. Safety managers in the work zones collect all the info regards safety accidents in construction zones and populate it into the system so that no information gets lost.
So this is the primary purpose of the system - first: gather info - then: store it in one place - after it: make decisions and at the end save human lives.
The tasks will include:
- Implementing observability of the current client applications and infrastructure
- Establishing proactive monitoring and remediation
- Enhancing security of the current system, enforcing security rules, security hardening
- Working closely with the Solutions Architecture team to re-architect/re-factor current infrastructure.
- Implementing IaC
- Re-configuring network layer, migrating applications to the new world
- Implementing CI/CD process
- Monitoring and supporting existing production workload
We expect the candidate for the role to have:
- 3 years of experience in IT with good knowledge in Linux
- Experience in maintaining a production system
- Experience with git, gitlab ci / github actions, docker
- Hands-on experience in IaC, ideally terraform (terragrunt is a big plus)
- Hands-on experience with general AWS services (ec2, vpc, ebs, efs, lambda and etc)
- Bash scripting skills
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Experience with any configuration management tool (Ansible, Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, etc),
- Database administration experience
- Experience with K8S
Competitive salary paid in USD + performance bonuses.
Learning & Development activities and growth support from our highly qualified international team.
Solid infrastructure and professional development processes.
Innovative products with modern tools.
Working with top industry experts in our international R&D team.
The opportunity to be part of our partners' teams and have high levels of freedom, versatility, and autonomy based on trust and respect.
Paid leaves and flexible working hours
Remote mode of work, B2B contract
Workspace program - modern equipment & software license compensation
Sponsorship for certifications and courses
Questions? —Talk to
More than just a job
Reasons why people like you want to work @UpTeam®
Work with industry leaders and world top technology experts from the both sides of the ocean