UpTeam is a Silicon Valley based Software Development Consulting company with advanced cloud engineering expertise. Our clients are industry leaders like AWS, GE, Symphony, Sinclair Group, Gap, Express and many growing VC funded technology start-ups.
We are looking for a Lead Mobile Engineer who will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to build and lead a mobile development team for creating an innovative Autonomous Driving app with built-in VR and ML components.
Our client is an established US Company in autonomous driving technology with smart-camera products that are already on the US market and used by hundreds of thousands of drivers.
Now they are developing a new mobile app product – a social network of dashcams aimed at dashcams interaction and enabling new vision-based applications for better driving. When drivers pair the dash cams with this app, they join a network that powers new applications for driving and seeing the world. Using anonymous, aggregated data captured from this network, the Company has developed a portfolio of vision-based data services for public and private sector partners to make roadways safer and more efficient. This position will mostly interact with the company R&D managers that are based in Israel, which allows to work on the most innovative products for the US market in the European time-zone.
- writing software that needs to know the ins and out of mobile operating systems.
- working in the systems space, with kernel extension and drivers, scheduler, memory management, WiFi connectivity, BLE peripherals
Required skills and experience:
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer science, or equivalent, from an established institution
- At least 4 years of systems engineering experience
- Already achieved mastery in at least two of the following languages: C++, Swift, Java, Kotlin; proficient in another two programming languages.
- Systems experience with mobile operating systems (iOS/Android) and embedded devices, comfortable coding in the user space but close to the kernel, scheduler, memory management, WiFi connectivity, BLE peripherals, etc.
- Strong passion for mobile systems and application software engineering
- Ability to quickly zoom in and out of problems, and up and down the stack.
- Experience working with micro-controllers and SoC / SoM in Arm architectures (advantage)
- Experience with different big data tools such as Spark / Hadoop (advantage)
- Experience with Machine Learning & Computer Vision (advantage)
- Innovative product;
- Training with top industry experts, a range of career opportunities in international business environment: Learning & Development, Coaching and Mentoring;
- Unique working environment where you will be a part of our clients and partners teams;
- Competitive salary + Above market salaries for top employees, considerable quarterly bonuses for top results;
- Paid leaves and flexible working hours;
- Benefits (medical insurance, professional and personal wallets sponsored by the company: sports and hobby reimbursement, child care, etc);
- Zero bureaucracy;
- Remote mode of work;
Ready to take on commitment? Think you have the talent, the drive, and the appetite? Let’s connect.