UpTeam is a global managed services company, delivering a full portfolio end-to-end software development to VC-funded Silicon Valley startups & corporate innovators. Our clients need us to take their businesses to the next level, solving for the right mix of mobile and web app design, data migration/integration, SaaS architecture, test automation, DevOps & modern cloud infrastructure. Our proven real-world experience that gives technology startups the freedom to pursue product vision that delights their customers and rewards their investors. When you join our team to work on what our clients need, you get unmatched opportunity to put your skills to the test and never stop growing.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to support and drive DevOps for the central engine system of the high-load data processing platform. The platform is hosted on AWS EKS with different types of DB solutions and offers you a great opportunity in driving state-of-the-art CI/CD, security, monitoring, infrastructure-as-a-code, and DB management. This is a stable, long-term full-time position for an energetic and ambitious professional to get to the next career step and become a member of a stable and growing international company.
- Take all DevOps activities in the system – from design and negotiation of DevOps features with the team to their technical implementation and long-term support
- Become the main contact point for the client for all DevOps-related topics
- Improve cloud-based infrastructure, DevOps process, monitoring, security, cost optimization, and reliability
- Improve our CI/CD process and automation to deliver faster, more frequent, and reliable releases
- Increase High-Availability and Durability of application deployments and DB clusters
- Optimize AWS costs and design more cost-effective operational solutions
Required skills and experience:
- Over 5 years in IT Ops with good knowledge of Linux/Unix, Debian/Ubuntu experience is preferred
- Experience in maintaining a production IT-systems
- Hands-on experience with Git, Jenkins CI, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with any modern configuration management tool (Ansible, Saltstack, Chef etc), Ansible preferred
- Experience with ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) – we use ELK for logs and metrics aggregation and visualization
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies (we widely use Amazon AWS)
- Good and fluent written and spoken English language skills
- Experience managing databases such as MongoDB, Redis, MySQL or PostgreSQL, and queue servers such as Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ
Nice to have:
- AWS stack practical knowledge (in particular – VPC, EC2, Route53, CloudWatch, EKS, EFS, Route53, KMS, Certificate Manager)
- Hands-on experience with Hashicorp Terraform provisioning tool, Hashicorp Packer package builder, and Helm package manager
- Great team of first-class professionals to work with and learn from and warm friendly atmosphere;
- Competitive salary + Above market salaries for top employees, considerable quarterly bonuses for top results;
- Full medical insurance;
- Paid vacations and sick days, flexible working hours;
- Benefits for better employee experience – Professional, Sport, Child care, Hobby reimbursement;
- Professional growth, a range of career opportunities in international business environment: Learning & Development , Coaching and Mentoring;
- Unique working environment where you will be a part of our clients and partners teams.
Ready to take on commitment? Think you have the talent, the drive, and the appetite? Let’s connect.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org