Upteam is a global managed services company, delivering a full portfolio end-to-end software development to VC-funded Silicon Valley startups & corporate innovators. Our clients need us to take their businesses to the next level, solving for the right mix of mobile and web app design, data migration/integration, SaaS architecture, test automation, DevOps & modern cloud infrastructure. Our proven real-world experience that gives technology startups the freedom to pursue product vision that delights their customers and rewards their investors. When you join our team to work on what our clients need, you get unmatched opportunity to put your skills to the test and never stop growing.
We are looking for an experienced server-side developer for the world biggest eCommerce platform.
You’ll be responsible for the design, development, and operations of large-scale data systems operating at petabytes scale. You will be focusing on real-time indexing pipelines, streaming analytics, distributed machine learning infrastructure, and other tasks as part of the Search BigData team. You’ll interact with the engineers, product managers and architects to provide scalable robust technical solutions.
- Design, develop, and implement large-scale distributed systems that process large volume of data; focusing on scalability, latency, and fault-tolerance in every system built.
- Design, develop, and operate web analytics solutions processing billions on daily clickstream events.
- Create systems that orchestrate and execute complex workflows in big-data pipelines.
- Evaluate and fine tune systems for speed, robustness, and cost efficiency.
- Create datasets, tools, and services supporting big data, search and machine learning operations.
- Own full life-cycle of business solutions – from requirements definition to launching in production.
- Troubleshoot business and production issues.
- Own multiple systems across the search big data platforms, and work with engineers, program managers, and engineering leaders to identify opportunities for business impact.
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for the team in alignment with business and market needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4+ years of object-oriented programming experience in Java or Scala.
- 3+ years of experience in building of large scale data pipelines using big data technologies (i.e. Spark/Kafka/Cassandra/Hadoop/Hive/Presto/Airflow).
- 3+ years of experience in systems design, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- 3+ years of experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python), and SQL.
- Experience in Data projects
- Self-Starter – Looking for candidates who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction
- Knowledge of Open-Source technologies. Ability to find and evaluate existing solutions
- Large scale distributed systems experience, including scalability and fault tolerance.
- Exposure to infrastructure management tech (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure, such as Open Stack, Azure, GCP, or AWS
- A continuous drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate and optimize systems and tools.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Exposure to information retrieval, statistics and machine learning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Russian language for communication with remote dev-team in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Great team of first-class professionals to work with and learn from and warm friendly atmosphere
- Competitive salary and performance based quarterly bonuses
- Relocation package
- Full medical insurance including dentistry
- Paid vacations and sick days
- Professional, Sport, Hobby reimbursement
- In-office English training
- Flexible working hours
- Knowledge sharing and training
- Unique working environment where you will be a part of our clients and partners teams
- Professional growth. If you can build a great product you will continue leading this business.
- Stability. At least until mobile apps and internet businesses will no longer be needed.
- Professional growth in international business environment
- Trips to sunny San Francisco
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com