- What are the key benefits of using UpTeam Toolkit: Access?
- How can I integrate UpTeam Toolkit with my Google Workspace business account?
- What applications does UpTeam Toolkit integrate with?
- What can I do using these integrations?
- What is Employee Type?
- How can I create a new Employee Type?
- How can I add a new individual Employee?
- What actions can I take with individual Employees?
- How do I assign employees to various Employee Types?
- What roles are there in UpTeam Toolkit and how can I manage access for individual employees?
- How can I reload the data if I need to synchronize changes immediately?
- Contact us
What are the key benefits of using UpTeam Toolkit: Access?
The UpTeam Toolkit provides easy-to-manage employee access for key resources.
For HR Professionals:
- Creating new employee accounts without needing to rely on the Google Workspace Admin panel
- Flexible and convenient assignment of employee types to set user access privileges
- Ability to populate employee profiles with all necessary information
- Move employees quickly across positions and teams
For G Workspaces Admin, define User Types that simplify access control for company resources:
- Google Workspace Groups, Roles and Organizational units
- Google Shared Drives
- Jira Projects, Groups, and Roles
- Slack Channels and Groups
- Easy on-demand integration with other systems
How can I integrate UpTeam Toolkit with my Google Workspace business account?
Integration with Google Workspace is the first step after installing the app.
Important: You must have rights and permissions as Google Workspace Account Administrator.
- You can find the integration button on the dashboard or on the integration page in the Settings menu.
- Click the G Workspace button.
- Select the account you want to integrate with.
After that, all the data from your Google Workspace user, Org unit, groups and roles will be loaded into the application.
What applications does UpTeam Toolkit integrate with?
UpTeam Toolkit is also integrated with Google Share Drives, Atlassian Jira, and Slack.
You can find and enable these integrations in the Dashboard widget or settings menu.
Important: You must have the rights and permissions of the Account Administrator to enable additional integrations.
If you need additional integrations, please contact email@example.com
What can I do using these integrations?
|Assign employees to groups|
|Assign employees to roles|
|Assign employees to org units|
|Assign employees to shared drives|
|Assign employees to projects|
|Assign employees to channels|
What is Employee Type?
Employee Type is an entity that combines a user’s access rights and permissions.
Use Employee Type to define specific sources (Google Workspace, Jira, Slack), entities (groups, roles, projects, channels, etc.) and roles for which an employee should have access.
How do I create a new Employee Type?
- To create a new Employee Type, select the UpTeam Access menu.
- Click the “Plus” button
- Create the Employee Type with its role label (e.g., “Manager,” “Channel Owner,” “Project Lead”) or whatever is appropriate in your organization. You may add an optional description in the description field.
- Select the entities for which employees with this Employee Type will have access to
- Select roles for these entities
- Click the “Save” button
How do I add a new Employee?
- To add a new employee, select Employees menu
- Click the Plus button
- Complete the fields: first name, last name, and primary email are required.
- Click the “Save” button.
The new employee will appear in the employee grid and be added in your Google Workspace business account.
What actions can I take with individual Employees?
- Create a new employee
- Assign/unassign Employee Type for that employee
- Suspend an employee
- Dismiss an employee
These changes will be reflected across Google Workspace, Google Shared Drives, Jira, and Slack.
How to assign employees to Employee Types ?
You can assign / unassign employees to Employee Types through the employee grid if you need a bulk assignment, or through an employee profile.
What are the roles in the UpTeam Toolkit and how can I manage individual employee access?
The UpTeam Toolkit has 3 predefined roles:
You can view their permissions in the table below.
|Create employee types|
|View employee types|
|Edit employee types|
|Delete employee types|
|Create new employees|
|View employee profile||Only own individual profile|
|Edit employee profile||Only own individual profile|
|Assign employees to types|
|Open access to employee profiles|
|Assign users to roles|
How can I reload the data if I need to synchronize changes immediately?
Most changes are immediately reflected in the UpTeam Toolkit and integrated applications, but if you need to see it faster, you can click the “Reload” button in the Settings menu on the integration page.
If you have any more questions about UpTeam Toolkit, please contact us.